A smart microwave is similar to any other microwave that you’ve used before, but connects to your home WIFI network and can be integrated with smart technology like voice assistants. Besides being able to heat your food, a smart microwave has additional features that will help save time and money in the kitchen.
How does a smart microwave work?
All microwaves, including smart microwaves, work by sending electromagnetic radiation (microwaves) towards your food, which makes the molecules vibrate and heat up.
A smart microwave works by connecting to your home WiFi network. The device then connects to the internet through an app on your phone. From there, you can set the cooking time or temperature that you want for your food. You can also monitor how much time has passed since the food was put in the oven. These are just some of the many benefits of owning a smart microwave.
What are the Differences between Traditional microwaves and smart microwaves?
If you’re in the market for a new microwave, you may be wondering what all the fuss is about smart microwaves. Here’s a quick rundown of the differences between old microwaves and new smart microwaves.
- Most smart microwaves have a touchscreen interface. The touch screen makes it easy to set time, enter cooking mode and navigate through the menus by swiping left or right on the screen.
- With most smart microwaves, like GE Profile® ProfileTM 26 1.6 cu ft Built-In Countertop Microwave Oven with Sensor Cooking Technology, you can also create personalized presets to quickly access your favorite foods at any time with just one touch of a button or voice command.
- Many smart microwaves now offer convection oven technology that allows you to cook an entire meal in one appliance – think roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli – using preset modes such as roast and bake.
- Finally, many modern smart microwaves are Wi-Fi enabled so that you can use your tablet or smartphone to remotely start the oven from anywhere in the house.
Benefits of using a smart microwave
A smart microwave can make your life easier in many ways. For one, you can program it to start cooking at a certain time so your food is ready when you want it.
Additionally, many smart microwaves come with built-in sensors that can automatically adjust cooking times based on the food type and quantity. This means that you don’t have to worry about overcooking or undercooking your food. Plus, some smart microwaves even have features that allow you to defrost food or cook multiple dishes.
Another benefit of smart microwaves is the ability to control them remotely from an app on your phone. You can set a timer for how long you want it to cook.
What are some popular smart microwave brands?
If you’re in the market for a smart microwave, these five brands are worth checking out. Each one offers something slightly different, so you can find the perfect fit for your needs.
- Commercial CHEF
Things to consider when buying a smart microwave
If you’re looking for a microwave that can do more than just heat up your food, you’ll want to consider investing in a smart microwave. But before you do, there are a few things you should know.
- Connectivity –First of all, these microwaves connect to your home’s WIFI which allows you to control the appliance from a remote location.
- App use – You’ll also need to check if the microwave has an app where you can remotely set cooking times and power levels as well as being able to create presets with cook times and power levels saved so you don’t have to input them every time you use the oven.
- Preset Menu – Another thing to look for is how many preset buttons the oven has. Some models only offer one or two while others may have four or five preset buttons.
- Cooking frequency – One last thing to think about when buying a smart microwave is how often you plan on using it. For example, if you only plan on using it once or twice per week then it might not make sense to buy one since they’re much more expensive than conventional microwaves and take up more space.
- Sensors – Does the smart microwave have sensors? These sensors allow the oven to automatically detect the type of food and adjust cooking settings accordingly.
- Energy efficiency – Is this product Energy Star certified? It’s important to invest in a product that is environmentally friendly because most homes consume too much energy and it’s estimated that we could save $550 billion by 2030 if we reduced our energy consumption by 10%.
Getting a smart microwave can save you time and money in the long run. Whether you want to stop heating your leftovers for an hour or two, or if you want to take out all of the guesswork from cooking a frozen meal, the best smart microwaves will be able to do that for you.
The models are designed with a variety of features, so finding one that fits your needs should be easy.