- What is a smart shower system and how does it work?
- Benefits of having a smart shower
- The Best Smart Shower Systems Reviewed
- Best Digital Shower Systems
- The Best Tower/Rain Smart Shower System
- The Best Smart Shower Heads for Shower Systems
- What are the most popular brands in the market?
- How is the technology different from others on the market?
- Conclusion: the best smart shower systems and shower heads
With ever-increasing smart devices and integration, smart showers offer a major upgrade to your traditional shower routine.
A smart shower can be controlled remotely using built-in smart technology. With smart showers, you can precisely control the rate of water flow, water temperature, and showering preferences. You can even play your favorite music while showering and activate the shower using voice control.
These and other benefits are only available with a handful of smart shower systems available on the market today. So, I have taken the trouble to research and read hundreds of reviews about the best smart shower systems you can get today.
Smart showers are more than a statement of style and luxury; they help you control your shower routine and make every moment worthwhile.
If you are stuck and looking for the best smart shower systems, this blog post will help you get the most out of your shower experience.
What is a smart shower system and how does it work?
Smart showers connect to your home’s water supply and allow you to control your shower’s temperature, flow, and duration using a smartphone app or voice assistant. Some smart showers also come with built-in speakers so you can listen to music or podcasts while you shower.
These speakers are waterproof, so they won’t get damaged by splashing water during your shower. The best smart showers offer more than just convenience and entertainment: they can help save money on your utility bills!
Smart showers use less energy because they automatically detect when you enter the shower and adjust their heat based on your preferences. Some smart showers even include water conservation features like sensors that detect if someone is in the shower and switches it off if not needed.
It’s important to note that smart showers work only with newer homes that have high-pressure (above 20 PSI) water supplies, which means some people may need to upgrade their plumbing system before installing one of these systems in their homes.
Benefits of having a smart shower
A smart shower is a major upgrade to a standard shower in many ways. From allowing you to set the shower running remotely from the comfort of an app, to voice activation and maintaining a consistent water temperature. These are some of the benefits of having a smart shower.
- Increases safety– with a smart shower, you can precisely set a safe range of water temperature. Most smart shower systems have in-built limits on how hot you can set the water temperature. This helps prevent scalding by allowing you to maintain the right temperature that is not too hot or cold.
- Saves you time– if you are a victim of taking too much time in the shower, you can set your preferred shower duration, and the smart shower system will automatically turn off the water.
This can help save energy bills and keep your water consumption low, not forgetting to speed up your morning routine.
- Reduces energy and water consumption– there are numerous examples of how smart showers can reduce your energy and water consumption by up to 3% monthly.
Some reputable brands even say you can save up to 50% of water consumption annually by upgrading to a smart shower system.
Besides saving water usage, smart showers can significantly keep your electricity bill at a minimum as they are designed to be energy efficient when heating. This helps conserve energy while ensuring a flawless shower experience.
- Improves the appearance of your bathroom– the sleek design of smart shower systems can greatly complement the look of your bathroom. Without the obviously obtrusive knobs, you are left with a clean and modern walk-in shower. Plus, you can choose from a wide range of style options for your smart shower system.
The Best Smart Shower Systems Reviewed
Smart showers and smart shower systems are the perfect alternatives to replacing your entire bathroom or installing new plumbing, and they’re designed to work with both standard and unconventional plumbing systems.
They’re easy to install and can be used in any setting, from single-family homes to apartment buildings, so you don’t have to worry about whether or not your shower will fit in with your bathroom setup.
We are going to look at 5 of the best smart shower systems:
Best Digital Shower Systems
A digital shower system is a digital control panel that lets you customize your shower settings with the touch of a button.
These systems offer a variety of features and benefits, such as adjustable temperature, water pressure and flow, and even built-in cleaning programs.
Some popular digital shower systems include the Kohler DTV Prompt Digital Shower System, which allows you to control water temperature and flow from a wall-mounted touchscreen.
Moen TS3302TB Smart Shower
The Moen TS3302TB Smart Shower is one of the best smart showers on the market. With its built-in Alexa voice control, you can control your shower with just your voice. Plus, the Moen TS3302TB Smart Shower has a sleek design that will look great in any bathroom.
If you are considering installing a thermostatic valve in your shower, a digital controller is required, and Moen is a quality brand that sells both.
Moen TS3302TB Smart Shower 2-Outlet Digital Shower Controller is the best digital controller for a two-outlet shower valve option. With this digital controller, you can adjust your shower’s water temperature as desired. Since there are so few buttons on the controller, there is no confusion at all, and anybody can use it easily.
This digital controller from Moen even supports voice control so that you can manipulate the temperature with any of the smart home assistants such as Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri/HomeKit, or Google Assistant.
As an added bonus, this digital shower controller has a 5-inch LCD screen to show you temperature details and other necessary information. When it comes to warranty, Moen offers a 5-year warranty on this digital shower controller.
This smart shower control panel is quite expensive, but more than that makes up for its high price tag with useful technology and long-lasting build quality.
KOHLER K-527-1CP DTV Prompt Digital Shower
Our next option is another thermostatic control module offered by Kohler, so if you’re looking for a premium Kohler smart shower controller for your shower system, this is it.
The KOHLER K-527-1CP DTV Prompt is a digital shower that allows you to create a custom showering experience. With the ability to control water temperature, spray intensity, and duration, you can create a shower that’s perfect for you. Plus, the KOHLER K-527-1CP DTV Prompt is compatible with Amazon Alexa, so you can control your shower with your voice.
On this control module, you will find premium-quality toggle buttons for each function that are quite convenient and easy to use. It stands out because of its minimal design and small size.
By pressing a single button, you can switch it On, Off, or even pause it, and it also features a diverter control button that lets you select from multiple outlets and control each one separately.
Accordingly, this thermostatic controller is compatible with both single-outlet and double-outlet valves and works best with the Kohler K-528-K digital thermostatic valve. The controller is also equipped with an LCD screen that is easily read and allows precise temperature control.
KOHLER K-528-K1-NA DTV+ Digital Two-Port Thermostatic Valve
This smart shower valve is one of the best on the market for a good reason. It’s compatible with Amazon’s Alexa so you can use the digital shower control system with just your voice.
The Kohler Konnect system is made up of three parts: a digital control panel, an electronically controlled thermostatic valve, and a smart module.
Made by a powerhouse in the luxury bathroom and shower fixtures industry, this model has features clearly created to amaze.
It can precisely set the right temperature, control each component of the shower or create presets like the rest. However, its the unique ability to control 4 elements simultaneously (music, steam, and lighting) to simulate a relaxing spa experience.
All those features can be activated through the interface, app, or voice assistant using Alexa or Google Assistant.
A number of shower components and features can be added to the DTV+ to create a spa-like experience. There are 11 pre-programmed spa settings that are designed to invigorate the mind and body.
You’ll incur additional costs if you’re expecting the full spa-like experience. Accessories like a steam setup, sound system, and lighting will be extra.
There is ample room for shower luxuries because a single thermostatic valve can have up to 6 outlets.
Temperature therapy is yet another great feature of this model.
A hot-to-cold/cold-to-hot cycle can be created with the touchscreen or the Kohler Konnect app.
This function allows for hydrotherapy, which is known to help improve various diseases. Those alone make this a worthwhile splurge.
ELLO&ALLO Stainless Steel Shower Panel Tower System
More than just a fancy smart shower head, Ello & Allow’s Smart Shower Tower is a luxurious and holistic stainless steel shower system.
Everything about it screams contemporary design, from the showerhead and the detachable sprayer to the bath spigot and even the shower knob.
With LED lights, this model gives off a high-tech vibe. This model comes in a brushed nickel finish, but there are also models in black by Ello & Allow.
A variety of adjustments have been designed into the unit to allow you to customize your shower into a spa treatment.
In addition to the different shower modes, you can also adjust spray patterns. You can switch between a hand shower, water spout, rainfall, waterfall, and horizontal massage spray mode (body jets).
However, you can only use two modes at a time. Anything more than that would likely adversely affect the water pressure.
This is one of the most popular items for bathroom remodels lately.
Moen S3102 Smart Shower
With its top-notch thermostatic solutions, Moen smart showers can help you transform your existing shower system into a smarter one.
It is composed of two elements; the first is the Digital Control Panel, while the second is the Digital Thermostatic Valve. There is also an option to purchase a backup battery supply if power goes out.
This shower valve from Moen has ½” CC inlet connections and ½” CC outlet connections for installation.
The choice you make between the 2 or 4-outlet shower will depend on what you prefer in a shower–say, for example, you prefer the sensation of an overhead hand shower as opposed to using a head on the wall–and what amenities you’ll need like jets.
You have a choice of finish for your shower fixtures, but the control panel will be either Terra Beige or Matte Black. However, you’ll be able to install the control panel in a way that will not match the other fixtures.
Is the U by Moen compatible with smart homes? Yes, the U by Moen is compatible with virtual assistants such as Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant. Also, you can change the settings of your shower using the app.
With up to 12 personalized presets, you could have one for each member of the family. Imagine, for example, enjoying a hot overhead shower in the morning and a cool shower using the body jets after a workout.
These features are the ability to pause your shower when it’s ready and the opportunity to use a shower timer to ensure you don’t spend too much time bathing.
Their website says installation is easy, but installation will require some remodeling, and you’ll need some technical experience.
The Best Tower/Rain Smart Shower System
A rain or tower smart shower system is a type of plumbing fixture that uses advanced technology and electronics to give users more control over their showering experience.
These advanced systems typically come with a touchpad, smartphone app, or voice-activated feature, allowing users to control temperature, flow rate, and outlet to use.
Rain smart shower systems have several unique features and benefits, making them an attractive option for homeowners.
For starters, they often feature a modern, streamlined design with a wide and flat head, providing users with a soft, luxurious showering experience.
The shower head also provides full coverage, delivering a detoxifying, relaxing, and rejuvenating showering experience.
Furthermore, many rain smart shower systems can be programmed to adjust the temperature and pressure settings according to user preferences. This eliminates the need for manual adjustments, resulting in added convenience and water savings.
In addition to providing a more comfortable and enjoyable showering experience, smart shower systems also help conserve energy.
By enabling users to easily control temperature, rate of flow, and outlet selection, these advanced systems reduce the amount of wasted water and energy.
Many smart shower systems also come equipped with sensors and timers which can be set to shut off automatically after a certain time period.
Here are some of the best rain smart showers currently.
- ⭐【Thermostatic Shower System】Safety Button Temperature 38°C. In a very short period of time, the thermostatic rain...
- ⭐【LED Music Shower System】Can use your phone's bluetooth connect the shower's bluethooth, play your favorite music....
- ⭐【Multi Head Shower System】NWIASS ceiling mount shower system includes Rain and Waterfall Shower Head and 6 shower body...
- ⭐【Full Body Shower System】All shower components of the recessed shower system are G1/2" threaded. Standard US...
- ▶ DULABRAHE SHOWER SET INCLUDE—20X14 inch shower head（stainless steel 304）with LED power plug, thermostatic valve(all...
- ▶ LED SHOWER HEAD –Outside four lights are powered by 100~240V AC (containing transposer), several kinds of light colors...
- ▶ THERMOSTATIC VALVE WITH EMBEDDED BOX: Friendly design, eapecially for kids and eldly. Security stop at 38 degree. USE ALL...
- ▶ EASY INSTALLATION & OPERATION -- The American standard NPT1/2 connectors are compatible with any type of pipe. Detailed...
- ▶SMART DESIGN DIGITAL DISPLAY SCREEN added LED display for shower valve will indicate the bathing time and water...
- ▶MULTIFUNCTION FULL BODY SHOWER SYSTEM 1:Waterfall shower head (massage chest) ; 2:Rain shower head( gently bathe your...
- ▶THERMOSTATIC SHOWER VALVE SYSTEM Safety Button Temperature 38°C. In a short time, it will automatically balance the cold...
- ▶EASY INSTALLATION & OPERATION -- The American standard NPT1/2 connector is compatible with any type of pipe. Detailed...
- ❤ Mulit-function Music Shower System: 4 function water outlet: rainfall shower head, handheld shower head, bathtub faucet,...
- ❤ Smart Bluetooth Musical Shower Set: 22.8*14.9 inches recessed large LED shower head. It is not only rainfall , waterfall...
- ❤ Thermostatic Bathroom Shower Faucet Set: Outlet water temperature range: 20-50°C, Safety button temperature: 38°C. In a...
- ❤ Product Details: 1. Water Saving Taps Bubbler: This filter bubbler of bathtub faucet has water-saving effect while making...
- ▶ NEW DULABRAHE SHOWER INCLUDE—20X14 inch shower head（stainless steel 304）with LED control screen, brass thermostatic...
- ▶ NEW TOUCH LED SHOWER HEAD -- two strip lights are powered by 100~240V AC (offer LED control panel)——Truly...
- ▶ THERMOSTATIC VALVE NEW DESIGN: Friendly design, eapecially for kids and eldly. Security stop at 38 degree. USE ALL THE...
- ▶ EASY INSTALLATION & OPERATION -- The American standard NPT1/2 and NPT 3/4 connectors are compatible with any type of...
- MULIT-FUNCTION: 4 Function water outlet, rain shower head, handheld shower, bathtub faucet, body jets. This mulit-function...
- SHOWER HEADS: 22.8*14.9 inches size ceiling mounted install.It is not only rainfall ,waterfall, 2function water outlet design...
- BLUETOOTH MUSIC PLAYBACK: Listen to beautiful music while bathing, creating a romantic and relaxing bathing environment for...
- MATERIAL: The shower heads and hose are made of high-quality SUS 304 stainless steel.The shower controller, hand-held shower,...
The Best Smart Shower Heads for Shower Systems
What are the most popular brands in the market?
There are many brands vying for the top spot when it comes to smart showers. Some of the most popular brands include Moen, Kohler, Aqualisa, and Triton.
All of these brands offer different features, but they all have one thing in common: they can be controlled with voice commands. That’s right – you can now tell your shower to start running or turn off without even lifting a finger.
So, if you’re looking for a new shower system, be sure to consider a smart shower from these brands.
How is the technology different from others on the market?
The showers come with plenty of useful technology for a more luxurious and stylish shower experience.
One of the primary benefits of a smart shower which makes it different from others in the market is that you can control it with your voice. For example, you can tell Alexa to turn on the shower for you in the morning. This is different from other showers on the market because you don’t have to turn on the shower yourself physically.
Another benefit of smart showers is that they can save you money on your water bill. Some smart showers have a water usage tracker so you can see how much water you’re using.
Others will even let you know when it’s time to change the filter. As well as saving you money, this technology also helps the environment by conserving water.
Conclusion: the best smart shower systems and shower heads
Having a smart shower head or system in your bathroom enhances convenience and efficiency in your bathroom, which is one of the most obvious benefits.
About 200 billion gallons of water flowing from shower heads in the US goes to waste every year. Smart shower systems help you conserve water. Units like this eliminate water wastage to a bare minimum and even stop the flow of water when a preset time period has expired.
Even if sustainability isn’t your motivation, you may just want to listen to some music without endangering your mobile phone while getting ready or doing your daily chores. A smart shower head like the KOHLER DTV+ may be your best option if this is the case.
A holistic smart shower system is what you need for a luxurious spa-like experience in your bathroom. We’re talking about both the Ello & Allo Smart Shower Tower and the U by Moen. There may be a bigger price tag on these systems, but they are well worth it!