How to Convert Existing Blinds to Smart Blinds
In the past few years, there’s been a surge in the number of people who are interested in converting their existing blinds to smart blinds. If you are wondering how to convert blinds to smart blinds, then this article will guide you step by step. There are many reasons why you would want to convert your existing blinds to smart blinds —smart blinds offer a number of advantages over traditional blinds.
For one, they’re more convenient. You can control them with your voice, your smartphone, or even your smart home devices. And they’re also more energy-efficient, because you can set them to open and close based on the time of day or the amount of sunlight in the room. If you’re thinking about converting your blinds to smart blinds, here are a few things you should know.
How to Convert Blinds to Smart Blinds: What You’ll Need
If you want to convert your existing blinds to smart blinds, there are a few things you’ll need to do.
First, you’ll need to purchase a smart home hub. This will be the brains of your operation and will allow you to control your blinds (and other smart devices) from your smartphone or tablet.
Next, you’ll need to purchase some smart bulbs. These can be placed in any lamps or light fixtures that are in the same room as your blinds. Finally, you’ll need to purchase a set of wireless curtains or shades. These will be controlled by your smart home hub and will allow you to open and close them from anywhere in the world.
The Conversion Process for motorized blinds
There are a few different ways that you can go about converting your existing blinds into smart blinds. The most popular method is to purchase a conversion kit, which will allow you to keep your current blinds and simply add the necessary components to make them smart.
The Best Smart Blinds Conversion Kits
To begin with, you will need a motorized blinds kit for the conversion process. These can vary depending on the type of blinds but will generally work with most windows.
The best motorized blinds conversion kit include:
- EASY TO INSTALL - No tools necessary & easy to install into your existing 2-2.5 inch horizontal corded-lift window blinds, Complete installation in setup in minutes, without any special tools
- AUTOMATIC - Schedule your blinds to open and close when you are away or at sunrise and sunset
- SMART HOME DEVICE - Control your blinds from anywhere in the world, works with most compatible Z-Wave home automation controllers and apps, interacts with other smart home devices
- DIY TILT BLIND MOTORIZATION - A user friendly, do-it-yourself motorization upgrade that works with existing blinds. It provides convenient control of indoor light, glare, heat and privacy. Using it...
- EASY TO INSTALL - Kit comes with everything you need to make your everyday horizontal blinds automated. It includes a Tilt Blind Motor, head rail and tilt rod adaptors, Somfy Situo 5 variation remote...
- 3 STEPS TO AUTOMATED WINDOW BLINDS – Start by removing your horizontal blinds from the window. Then simply replace the tilt mechanism with a Somfy motor. Finally, place the blinds back on the window...
- Can control motorised blind with a wall switch remote and handset remote, Kit includes 1x roller motor, drive wheel, handset remote, mounting brackets, capable weight of handling shades with 9.7lb
- Smart Tubular Electric Curtains Motor Build-in Power Supply, just plug into the power socket, No more struggling to adjust window shades especially to hard-to-reach locations, or worrying about messy...
- 110v Plug-in Motorized Roller Shade, roller motor's diameter 1" and fits 1.5" Roller Blinds, Welcome to contact us if you are not sure about your blinds or how to pair each other
- Rechargeable Battery Powered, Radio Operated, fits OD: App. 1-1/2inch( 38/40mm) ID: App. 1.18-1.339inch(30-34mm), If you are not sure how to choose the size, Please send the inquiry message to the...
- Fantastic DIY Motorized Blinds, The roller motor is truly a DIY product, direct replacement of the chain mechanism that came with the Manual blinds
- Kit Selling, remote and motors work perfectly, No external power source required (Except for Charging) as it's solar powered with built-in battery
- DIY MOTORIZED BLINDS - Battery Roller shade motor have no strings or chains and provide high levels of child safety, making them perfect for your children bedrooms and play rooms, The roller motor is...
- OPTIONAL SOLAR CHARGER - Electric solar roller blinds that allow a green and money-saving way to power your roller blinds. Ideal for blinds high up, difficult to reach places and with plenty of...
- WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL - Sortfle Li-ion powered motors require no external battery pack and no complicated installation. Simply recharge the motor when required - approximately every 600 operations
Another option is to replace your current blinds with new smart blinds. This can be more costly, but it may be the best option if your current blinds are old or in poor condition.
Finally, you could also hire a professional to do the conversion for you. This is likely the most expensive option, but it would guarantee that the job is done properly.
Smart Blinds and Smart Shade Features
Smart blinds are a great way to upgrade your existing window treatments. They offer many features that traditional blinds do not, such as the ability to be controlled remotely, set timers, and even open and close automatically based on the time of day or temperature.
One of the best features of smart blinds is that they can be controlled remotely. This means you can adjust the light and privacy levels in your home without having to get up and physically move the blinds. You can also set timers so that the blinds will automatically open or close at certain times of the day, making it easy to create the perfect environment for any occasion.
Another great feature of smart blinds is that they can be opened and closed automatically based on the time of day or temperature. This is ideal for those who want to let in natural light during the daytime but still have privacy at night. It also helps to save energy by keeping your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
Overall, smart blinds are a great way to upgrade your existing window treatments. They offer many features that traditional blinds do not, such as the ability to be controlled remotely, set timers, and even open and close automatically based on the time of day or temperature. If you are looking for a way to improve your home’s appearance and function, then consider investing in smart blinds.
Installing smart blinds in your home is a great way to control the light and temperature in your home, as well as add an extra layer of security. If you have existing blinds that you would like to convert to smart blinds, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
First, make sure that the existing blinds are compatible with the smart blind system you choose. Second, take measurements of your windows so that you can order the correct size of smart blinds. Finally, follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer to properly install the smart blinds in your home.